#3 On Chloe's Must-Have List For Summer 2009: A Sultry Pair of Sandals

por | | |


A Sultry Pair of Sandals


As soon as the temperatures begin to creep anywhere near the 60 degree mark, I'm in sandals. Heck, give me a 45-degree day (and no snow on the ground) and I'm probably in sandals. I love sandals almost as much as I love dresses; the fact that I must confine my tootsies in boots and shoes throughout the winter thoroughly depresses me.

(I originally typed "toesies" and my Firefox spellchecker asked me if I meant tootsies. Why yes, yes I did Firefox! Thank you for keeping me refreshed on my cutesy vocabulary; thanks for making me sound like I'm a little old lady that belongs in New Joisey.)

But back to the sandal thing here. It really does depress me- the Sad Sandal Stupid Snow Syndrome (I shall call it) typically strikes in the middle of January. It's around that time of year I always find myself in my closet waving my arms around while proclaiming, "I WANT THIS SNOW TO GO AWAAAAY. I WANT TO MOOOOOVE. I WANT TO MOVE SOME PLACE WHERE I CAN WEAR SANDALS YEAR ROUND AND IT'S WAAAARM. I AM GOING TO PACK UP PETUNIA AND LEAVE YOU, HUSBAND OF MINE, I'M GETTING AN APARTMENT IN ARIZONA AND YOU CAN COME VISIT ME 'KAYTHANKSBYE."

I typically even haul out a few empty suitcases to emphasize my point, yell-talking and waving my arms around while piling sandals and shorts in the suitcases (with Petunia on top ignoring the whole production while chewing on whatever clothing tag she finds to fit into her mouth). Husband watches on, smirking to himself as I carry on ranting in my madness. He always rolls his eyes and nervously ignores me (or promptly schedules a trip to somewhere warm, like Vegas or...Arizona!) so I kind of get my way. But only kind of- we always return to the wintery city within a week and I'm back to being sad, itching for the warm weather and my sandals.

So! No summer is complete without sandals (and lots of them) and this year I am loving what I shall refer to as "Balmain-Inspired Studded Strappy Sandals". I have no idea if that's what the fashion world is calling these, but that is what I've decided to call them. Hang on here, and you will see what I mean.


1. The high-end:
#3 On Chloe's Must-Have List For Summer 2009: A Sultry Pair of Sandals

For my expensive category I chose none other than the Balmain beauties themselves. They first made their appearance on the Balmain Spring 2009 Runway. I, however, didn't notice them until I saw this picture of Jennifer Connelly in a Balmain straight-off-the-runway-get-up at a premiere for He's Just Not That Into You. Holy moly. I can leave the dress (the shoulder pads freak me out and isn't this dress from the Spring 2009 RTW collection much prettier?) but those sandals. THOSE SANDALS. If I had $2,000 to drop on something completely self-indulgent and over-the-top and obscene this year, those sandals would be it. I don't (damn you sucky economy!) but lucky for me, "Balmain-Inspired" sandals are popping up everywhere. Hooray.


2. The middle:
#3 On Chloe's Must-Have List For Summer 2009: A Sultry Pair of Sandals

Both Zara and Bebe did a near exact replication of the Balmain Studded Crystal sandals, which I could have easily featured for my "middle" choice. However, I don't have a Zara anywhere near me and the Bebe ones are completely sold out (and going for almost $300, which is double their selling price, on any auction site). ALDO also does a knock-off, but I find ALDO shoes to be uncomfortable and poorly-fitting on my feet. So I decided to feature these Steve Madden wedges instead. They aren't exactly the same, but the concept is there- the chunky, studded, blingy straps swath your feet in total badassness. And that is what I like so much about this concept- the edginess of the design actually makes your feet look prettier- dainty, even, in comparison to the straps and studs. Wedges are easy to walk in and even easier on the feet, which makes them my sandal of choice for the summer. You get the best of both worlds with the Steve Madden Quikk sandals.

3. And the cheap:
#3 On Chloe's Must-Have List For Summer 2009: A Sultry Pair of Sandals


Looking to get the same look but not break the bank? Go Jane is great for this. They have also jumped on the "Balmain Inspired" trend and for $15.70 you can get these awesome little heels. The heel is a very easy-to-walk-in 3-inches (well, easy-t0-walk-in-for-me, I probably shouldn't make this bold statement for others because I am sure my 76-year old gramma would not find them so easy-to-walk-in. Neither would my Husband. I'll shut up now). The only downfall is the lack of cushioning. While they are lightly padded on the bottom, I would recommend getting some foot petals to place near the ball of the feet if you're planning to do any heavy walking in them. I actually have these sandals and love them, and after buying foot petals they're still only around $20. You can't afford not to get them. Srsly.


4. And wait! One more!
#3 On Chloe's Must-Have List For Summer 2009: A Sultry Pair of Sandals


These flat sandals are also another inspired version (that I also own!). They're comfy and look great with both jeans and dresses. They're also available in black, but I liked the gold version better for these. I wouldn't walk for miles in them (they're not that comfy!) but they are comfortable enough to wear around on lazy summer days and not be limping by the end of it. And again, for under $20- you can't afford not to get them! Isn't it annoying when people say that to you? It's like the ultimate in "I Don't Know What Else To Say To Pitch a Sale For These So I'm Going to Tell You They're Cheap And You're a Complete Idiot Not Smart Person If You Don't Buy Them".

But it's true. They're cheap, and you're a complete idiot not smart person if you don't buy them. So there.


5. And then there is me:

In the Go Jane sandals and the Candies sandals, of course.

#3 On Chloe's Must-Have List For Summer 2009: A Sultry Pair of Sandals
#3 On Chloe's Must-Have List For Summer 2009: A Sultry Pair of Sandals

Not counting my Tory Burch Breely flip flops (and the J. Crew sandals I always get suckered into buying every year) I simply don't see the point in dropping a pretty penny on sandals. When it comes to sandals and the summertime, I like to completely go for quantity over quality. Er, um, I mean....I like quality (I'm not going to tell you guys to run out and buy something that's going to fall apart after 5 minutes of wearing it) but places like Target, Kohl's, Old Navy, and even Go Jane have great sandals at an even greater price. Go! Run! Buy!

So how about you guys? Love the Balmain-inspired studded trend? Hate the Balmain-inspired studded trend? What sandals are you coveting this summer?


Related Site
-The Mens Fashion
-Dresses Online and Cheap Clothes
-Urban Clothing For Mens

Related Videos :below I show related videos and not so related to this article.
Title: Clois ~?~ must have been love (roxette)

clois love always somehting got in the way chloe always having a thing for him and him with his feelings for lana but deep down clark loves lois viseversus even if they were blinded by there heads and not seeing with there hearts. roxette song must have been love xoxo

Title: I will always love you piano cover chloe

This took ages! lol must have gone wrong about 50 times... i hate being filmed :p



0 comentarios:

Post a Comment