You Spin My Head Right Round, Right Round.

por | | |



A quick break in my "Summer Must Haves" list- I will have another tomorrow (summer handbags, yay!) so stay tuned.

I wanted to post a few quick things. First! I found a new seller on Etsy that I love, love, love. Actually, I didn't quite find her...but when Karla over at Karla's Closet posted about Bonzie yesterday, I was immediately blown away. And I mean- blown away:


You Spin My  Head Right Round, Right Round. You Spin My  Head Right Round, Right Round.


I will admit that sometimes I am a bad blogger and I keep little treasures to myself. Especially Etsy treasures- why would I show the thousands of readers I get each day (most stumbling on to my page by complete mistake, by the way, from what I can tell from my Google analysis and the fact that someone found my page one day using the keywords "patches of skin on butt flaking off disease") (shining moment of my short blogging career, by the way) what I want to soon buy off Etsy? What if they buy it and I can't?! Right? Right. And someone googling "patches of skin on butt flaking off disease" probably shouldn't be buying stuff off of Etsy, if that's what they're looking for. I probably shouldn't be distracting them and sidetracking them with that, because they should be going to a doctor and not shopping online for floral boleros. LIKERIGHTNOW.

But I will be nice and show you Bonzie because I've already bought what I wanted to buy from the shop- the purple wrap on the right. I bought it last night, as soon as I clicked through the site from Karla's Closet. Wow, it is so pretty! Isn't it pretty? I can't wait to get it. I really, really, reeeeally can't wait to get it. And I can't wait to see what else Bonzie creates here soon. Some people have so much talent that it just blows me away. And when people have that much talent, I'm willing to pay a pretty penny for it because I do not have talent. Pretty pennies yes, talent no. And that makes the world go round.

Second! Nanette Lepore blogs. Really! Not a lot, but she does occasionally write over at the Huffington Post. I never knew this until yesterday. I just adore Ms. Lepore, and her article on having to lay people off is heartbreaking. But, it's the reality of the current state of the economy and something we're experiencing ourselves with Husband's company. It sucks knowing you're going to have to let good people go, people who have made your business what it is. It sucks knowing that you're going to have to say, "We have no work right now, and we don't know when we'll have work again, and I don't know anybody else who has work for you to do." It sucks because you know their families, you've met their wives, they've worked for you for years...and you have to let them go. I keep waiting for the sun to peek out from the clouds in all of this.

I worry about Husband sometimes. He is a winner, he only plays to win. He only knows winning. He does not know failing, he's unfamiliar with handling what is happening right now. He's not familiar with feelings of disappointment and uncertainty. He did not play on a failed YMCA 4th grade girls basketball team that didn't win a single game like I did- he's not okay with saying, "Oh well, you win some and you lose some; at least my hot pink Barbie fake fingernails are still intact and better luck next time."

When he plays football, he wins. When he plays basketball, he wins. When he runs a business, he wins. I think this (temporary!) setback has been harder on him than he lets on.

I don't blog a lot about this because it's hard. We're young and we'll soon be moving forward again, I have no doubt. The past few years have been awesome to us, with the company and work booming. Husband has worked so hard and because of it we have so many great things. It's been a bit of a splash of icy cold water down the back of my shirt to suddenly see this, and I know it's the same for Husband. But it's also a slap back into reality, that we are young and we still have the rest of our lives to get to where we want to be. Husband's dreams of retiring at the age of 40 and traveling the world might be temporarily thwarted for now, but that's okay. And since I always tend to look on the bright side- it's really helped strengthen our marriage to have to deal with this stress. Reality is, we're still in a better place than many Americans right now (we have jobs, a roof over our heads, and money still in the bank since Husband hoards money like the Mint is going to stop printing it) and for that, I am ever so thankful.

Also hey, after nearly three years of marriage now, Husband still makes me laugh like nobody else (we were being so inappropriate out in public with our humor tonight, I can't even post it here because you guys would not get it and hate me, and there's nothing worse than telling a joke, having that person not get it, and then having that person hate you because they don't get it). I never have to worry about that with Husband, nope. He always gets the joke. He will always be my favorite person, even if it means that I'm lying to Petunia when I tell her she's my favorite person. I'm also lying to Peets when I tell her she's a person and not a dog (and the prettiest person EVER, by the way), so what's one more lie going to hurt?

Third! I'm srsly over this Swine Flu thing. It hasn't even hit in Colorado yet and I'm so sick of it. Shut up, you stupid media. I'm not scared of the dying or sprouting a third eyeball or whatever the newspress is trying to scaremonger us with. I'm scared of the barfing. I'm still having nightmares over what happened during Christmas. Baaaad nightmares, you guys. It's been too short a time since then and now, and if I so happen to catch this Swine Flu (which is likely since I have a suppressed immune system and get everything) I think I will just curl up into a ball and die. I will die because the sort of puking that goes with the flu is something I can only endure once every few years; I can't do it again. I just can't. Ohmygosh. I am dreading this.

Okay, time to wrap this up. We went to the Nuggets game tonight, which was awesome. One of the perks of being married to the wonderful (handsome, smart, sexy, Best French Toast Maker In The World) person that I am married to is that we often get tickets to local sporting events. And we often get really good tickets to really awesome sporting events. The Nuggets have advanced to second round of the playoffs for the first time in 15 years tonight and we were there and it was so exciting! I wish I had brought my camera, as we were sitting mid-court in the 13th row tonight. We had a pretty good view of all the action. We've been closer before, but for free playoffs tickets I'm definitely not complaining. I could see the detail of all of Chris "Birdman" Anderson's crazy tattoos, so that's pretty darn close.

I wish I had brought my camera! I wish, I wish, I wish. I didn't. :(

I seriously thought I'd never be as big of a sports nut as I have become- I can't hardly stand to watch basketball on TV, but I love being in the middle of things at a game. Something about the energy of the crowd (especially for the playoffs, HOLY MOLY!) and all of the people and noise and action all together is really something. I typically avoid large crowds at all costs (and loud noises and crowds and loud noises together OHMYGOSH) but give me tickets to a Nuggets game and I am so there. I love it.

(Also, Husband buys me cotton candy at the games. Cotton candy! Yay!)

But my head is thumping with the beginning of a headache and I need to get some sleep. So much for posting just a "quick" few things, eh? Goodnight, my lovelies!


Related Site
-The Mens Fashion
-Dresses Online and Cheap Clothes
-Urban Clothing For Mens

Related Videos :below I show related videos and not so related to this article.


Title: you spin my head right round primetime





Title: You spin my head right round (Smeggy Remix)




My brother's crazy Bull Terrier does this all day, unless he's sleeping or eating! SMEGGY IS A GOD AMONGST DOGS. Long Live the SMEGLADON!





0 comentarios:

Post a Comment