I Make a Mean Pasta Salad.

por | | |


The weather here in Colorado has been warm and lovely, perhaps even a bit too warm and lovely for March. We've been in the 70's with no chance for a good dumping of snow in sight.

High fire danger, ugly brown grass, and global warming be damned- I think this is freaking AWESOME! It's warm! The sun is shining! Aside from the strong Chinook winds that pop up every now and then (I thought Petunia was going to blow away today) it's been great. Screw you, winter! You are officially getting your ass handed to you. Yay spring.

Husband and I love to grill out when the weather is nice, so we decided to fire up the BBQ Monday night. A perfect (and easy!) side to anything grilled is a pasta salad loaded with veggies. Husband loves my pasta salad, which is no small feat considering he hates most veggies (and my salad is loaded with them!). I also love my pasta salad, and I'm totally going to toot my own horn and post the no-brainer of a recipe here. Ahem:





CHLOE'S MEAN PASTA SALAD

INGREDIENTS:

  • 8 ounces curly pasta, uncooked
  • 2 tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 red onion, finely chopped
  • 4 cups petite broccoli florets, cooked (I use frozen, makes it easier!)
  • 1 can (15 ounces) Westbrae Organic salad beans
  • 1 bottle (16 ounces) South Beach Italian Dressing (or favorite italian dressing of your choice!)
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
DIRECTIONS:

1. Cook pasta per package instructions until the pasta is al dente, drain.

2. In large bowl combine: pasta, tomatoes, red onion, broccoli florets, and salad beans. Toss with a spoon.

3. Mix in the salad dressing. I use an ungodly amount of it- nearly the entire bottle. Feel free to use more or less to taste.

4. Top with Parmesan cheese and that's it! You're done! Store leftovers in the fridge for up to four days.







As you guys can see, it's a verrry easy recipe. I like to make it up the night before so the flavors can "marinate" overnight. It's a copycat recipe (that I made up, scarily enough) of the pasta salad they serve at Bagel Boy. Bagel Boy is a local eatery in Sioux Falls that I looove and ohmygoodness I want one of their bagels smothered in Veggie Lite cream cheese right now please and thank you.

Bagel Boy's pasta salad will always be the best, but I think my version comes in a very close second. It's taken some tweaking over the years, but I think I've come close to replicating their salad. Except for the Italian dressing- I assume they make their own, those jerks, and I can't quite figure that out. Plus I'm lazy and I'd rather just dump out something from a bottle.

Over the years I've experimented with different salad dressings for this and I really do like the South Beach Italian the best (dumb diet connotations aside). It has a really nice, vinegary flavor to that works well with the pasta and veggies.

Pictures!






I Make a Mean Pasta Salad.
The ingredients, yay.


I Make a Mean Pasta Salad.
Everything tossed together!


I Make a Mean Pasta Salad.
And topped with a few hearty shakes of Parmesan cheese.


I Make a Mean Pasta Salad.
My little helper is impressed by my enthusiastic Parmesan cheese shaking. She's also impressed by the way I managed to shake it all over the floor, too.


Related Site
-The Mens Fashion
-Dresses Online and Cheap Clothes
-Urban Clothing For Mens

Related Videos :below I show related videos and not so related to this article.

Title: Silk - Lose Control (AuDio) + Lyrics [1992]


(talking) I'm sorry I never meant to hurt you I really didn't I'm so sorry I just want you to sit down for just a minute Let me talk to you Last night we had an argument You told me you love me All the things I said I never meant No baby I didn't mean to make you cry I didn't mean to make you say bye bye bye Baby won't you let me look inside your soul Let me make you lose control Let me be the one you need Baby just come to me Now tell me girl what you want from me Whatever it is you desire I wanna give my baby I wanna feel your body yearn All your softest spots I plan to learn Baby won't you let me just kiss you down Make you spin around and 'round Flip you girl from left to right If you don't mind Baby can I just spend the night (talking) You know what I'm talking about baby I never meant to hurt you I never wanted to see you cry So I'm right here now baby I'm asking you, I'm begging you Just give me one more chance baby Baby won't you let me just kiss you down Make you spin around and 'round Flip you girl from left to right If you don't mind Baby can I just spend the night Let me turn you on Can I turn you on Can I turn you on Till the break of dawn baby (repeat) ad lib till end

Title: A Day To Remember - If It Means A Lot To You


the last song from their new album "HOMESICK" lyrics:And hey darling I hope you're good tonight And I know you don't feel right when I'm leaving Yeah I want it but no I don't need it Tell me something sweet to get me by 'Cause I can't come back home till they're singing La, la la la la la la 'Til everyone is singing If you can wait till I get home Then I swear to you That we can make this last (La la la) If you can wait till I get home Then I swear come tomorrow This will all be in our past Well it might be for the best And hey sweetie Well I need you here tonight And I know that you don't want to be leaving me Yeah you want it but I can't help it I just feel complete when you're by my side But I know you can't come home 'til they're singing La, la la la la la la 'Til everyone is singing La, la la la la la la If you can wait till I get home Then I swear to you That we can make this last (La la la) If you can wait till I get home Then I swear come tomorrow This will all be in our past Well it might be for the best You know you can't give me what I need And even though you mean so much to me I can't wait through everything Is this really happening? I swear I'll never be happy again And don't you dare say we can just be friends I'm not some boy that you can sway We knew it'd happen eventually La, la la la la la la Now Everybody's singing La, la la la la la la




0 comentarios:

Post a Comment