Weekend Shtuff.

por | | |
1. Rebecca Taylor, Tracy Reese, Catherine Malandrino. ALL ON GILT.COM AT THIS 12pm MORNING, BIATCHES, OHMYGOD. Oh wait. I mean uh, 12am. Yeah, yeah. That's the ticket. Gilt.com is starting this weird thing where they have night sales. Midnight sales. So don't log on to the site before 12am. The emails they sent out saying 12pm were typos. Heh, heh, heh. BACK OFF IT'S ALL MINE.

2. Husband and I started watching a very interesting documentary last night about Frank Lloyd Wright called, quite appropriately, Frank Lloyd Wright. Quite the scoundrel, he was. I've always been way into architecture (I can build a bomb ass LEGO house!) and I had always thought that if I were the career-sort-of-girl I would have been an architect. But I'm not a career-sort-of-girl. I'm more of a sit-on-my-butt-and-get-really-excited-about-something but then-completely-lose-interest-two-seconds-later sort of girl. I set high and lofty goals of myself to be this way. It takes a lot of work to do this amount of nothing. Anyway, we just finished Part 1 and will hopefully watch Part 2 later this weekend. It's a very well put together PBS Documentary, if you like those sorts of things (dorkily, I do) and I can't wait to get the on Mark Twain next! Netflix, I luv u. It's not even love, it's luv.

3. So I took Husband to the local sporting goods store on Thursday night, hoping to figure out exactly what I needed to regain my motivation for my workouts. I've been a big gym rat for the past six years or so, hitting the gym at least five times a week. But the past five months? Well, ever since The Great Bug of 2008 hit over Christmas, I've fallen off that wagon with a thud. What took people a mere day or two to get over took me about a week, and that's all it took to derail me from my consistent gym going habit. I fell off the wagon with a sissy shove and a jiggly thud, because I'm getting jiggly from not working out. And cranky. Ohhh so cranky.

You see, I workout for a lot more reasons than just staying trim and svelte. It actually helps with my sanity and my energy and when I don't workout I do weird things like eat grammatically incorrect boxes of oreos in one sitting and clench my teeth all day long and yell at Husband a lot. I'm pretty sure they have medication for people like me, BUT EXERCISE IS MY MEDICATION. I neeeeeeeed it I need it I need it. And lately, I haven't been doing it. At all. And I can tell. *unclenches teeth*

"Okay now, what is it you need from here exactly?" Husband asked, eyeing me as we walked into the store.

"Heavier weights! I need heavier weights, because the weights I have at home are too light and my motto has always been lift heavy or don't lift at all." I answered him matter-of-factly.

"Oh really. Since when has this been your motto, exactly?" Husband had his Sarcastic Face on. I don't like his Sarcastic Face. I once told him that I didn't like his Sarcastic Face, way back when we first started dating and those things could be considered insulting to say, and he said, "Pssh! I don't have a Sarcastic Face! What's my Sarcastic Face?" and I said, "Thatface. Go look in the mirror!" and he went and looked in the mirror and came back out and said, "Oh."

"Since always! I've always lifted heavy! I'm not messing around here! I like to get after it. Say, can you do me a favor and carry these 10 lb'ers to the checkout? They're too heavy, I um...it doesn't appear that I...um...I can't lift them..." I said, my voice getting squeaky as I struggled under the weight, "yet."

So while Husband was hoisting my very heavy weights to the checkout I managed to throw in a pair of these, too:

Weekend Shtuff.


Pink Harbringer weight lifting gloves. Because if the boys in the weight room at the gym didn't take me seriously before, they'll definitely take me seriously now. They match my pink Polar heart rate monitor, and that's all that matters.


Have a great weekend, everyone!
Related Site
-The Mens Fashion
-Dresses Online and Cheap Clothes
-Urban Clothing For Mens



0 comentarios:

Post a Comment