I think this economy kind of sucks.

por | | |

But I'm not really sure.

I have a confession to make: I am having a difficult time gauging the suckiness of the current economy. I live in a fairly well-off area of the world, where high gas prices don't stop people from driving their Hummers and women have rocks on their wedding bands the size of small chihuahuas. I live in a place where the most commonly listed profession is DOCTOR/LAWYER/STAY AT HOME MOM! and a house built back in 1995 is considered old.

It's a hard life, really.

I feel like what I have seen in the media lately has, strangely enough, conflicted with what's been happening in this charming little town of mine. Sure, rumors have started to swirl about so-and-so's husband being laid off, spoken in the same hushed whispers one uses to speak of leprosy. I've never actually heard someone speak of leprosy, but you know- it's the same voice that I imagine they would use if they did. Two parts sympathy, one part slight disgust.

But honestly, for the most part, it's business as usual. Friends are already asking us to buy tickets to expensive holiday concerts; co-workers are talking about the new iPod/iPhone/iWhatever they're buying their kids for Christmas.

So I've decided that I have a new way of monitoring the current state of the economy.

Is it the stock market? Nah. Is it the newscasters on TV screaming about foreclosures? Nope. Is it the stories of gloom and doom in the newspapers? Nuh uh.

It's plastic surgery. Yes, good old plastic surgery. I have been monitoring the current activity amongst my peers and their plastic surgeons. It is a time of economic crisis, right? We are supposed to be looking for ways to be frugal and save money, right?

Like, you know- maybe we should cut back on the Botox to save some money. I mean...food on the table or Restylane injections: it's a very tough choice.

But apparently it is a tough choice. Someone I know managed to say (in the very same breath) that she was, "cutting back like everyone else and trying to work more to help with child care costs" but she also had an appointment for a boob job next week and she was so excited.

Hooray! Things must be fine if we can still afford new boobs.

Right?

Right.

So whew. I was beginning to worry there for a moment. Not anymore. You can suck it, Mr. Bernanke- something must still be right in this world. We can still afford new boobs.

Related Site
-The Mens Fashion
-Dresses Online and Cheap Clothes
-Urban Clothing For Mens



0 comentarios:

Post a Comment